Gynecomastia, informally known as “man boobs”, is a common condition in men and boys. The breasts swell and become abnormally large. Gynecomastia is more common in newborn males, boys during puberty, and older men. The word Gynecomastia is derived from the Greek words gyne, meaning woman, and mastos, meaning breast.
The treatment of gynecomastia or male boob surgery male is safely done by gynecomastia specialist surgeon by a minimal invasive procedure which involves VASER liposuction and gland excision to completely cure the gynecomastia
Generally, gynecomastia or men breast enlargement is a cosmetic problem, it’s not a serious problem but it can cause social problem and very embarrassing. Men and boys with gynecomastia can have pain in their breasts and may feel embarrassed due to female like breast. The physical deformation necessitates behavioral modifications that have numerous implications in the lives of the patients who are affected. Patients wear loose clothing and often avoid exposure in showers and swimming pools. Patients in high school and college are reticent to participate in any athletic activity that may directly or inadvertently require removal of one’s shirt, exposing the chest. The cure of gynecomastia by male boob surgery is definte and result.
What is the cause of gynecomastia in men ?
A Hormone imbalance between the sex hormones testosterone and estrogen. Estrogen, the “female” hormone, makes breast tissue grow, while testosterone, the “male” hormone, has inhibitory effects at the breast tissue level (it stops estrogen from making breast tissue grow).
The male breast enlargement is triggered by a decrease in the amount of the hormone testosterone compared with estrogen. The cause of this decrease can be conditions that block the effects of or reduce testosterone or a condition that increases your estrogen level
The male breast or man boobs consists of two main components:
- - Glandular tissue – which is firm and dense.
- - Fatty tissue – which is soft.
- - The ratio of glandular to fatty tissue varies from patient to patient. In individuals with
- - gynecomastia there may be too much of both types of tissue.
Gynecomastia may be present unilaterally (one breast) or bilaterally (both breasts) as a puffy nipple appearance in male.
Gynecomastia occurs physiologically in two thirds of normal males at puberty and may persist into adolescence. This transient breast enlargement usually subsides spontaneously, but it may persist in adolescence or adulthood due to a real hypertrophy of breast tissue, fat excess, or a combination of both.
Gynecomastia is of two types
True gynecomastia is due to proliferation of ducts and periductal tissues.
Pseudogynaecomastia is due to deposition of adipose tissue or to the presence of an excessive amount of skin.
How do I know that I have gynecomastia?
The enlarged breast can present as puffy nipple in male. The puffy nipple treatment in male is definite by minimal invasive procedure.
The symptoms of gynecomastia are
- -The breast gland tissue swells.
- -The breast becomes tender.
- -The diameter of the areola increases, or the chest tissue becomes asymmetrical. The areola is the ring of pigmented skin surrounding the nipple.
The most common symptom of the patient with gynecomastia is being self-conscious about the appearance of his enlarged breasts. The common complaints are embarrassment, concern about outward appearance (body image), and occasionally tenderness or even pain
Treatment of gynecomastia
Gynecomastia surgery procedure (VASER LIPOSUCTION & GLAND EXCISION)
The gynecomastia treatment in male also known by various name
- -Male boobs surgery, male boob reduction, male breast treatment.
- -Men gynecomastia surgery, men boob gynecomastia reduction surgery, man boob surgery, man boob reduction, men boob reduction surgery
- -Male breast reduction surgery, puffy nipple treatment in men
- -Gynecomastia liposuction, gynecomastia removal
- -Gynecomastia surgery, gynecomastia reduction, gynecomastia operation
- -Gynocomastia surgery
First marking is done on the chest and all the area from where the excess fat deposition and glandular breast tissue is present is marked in consultation with the patient .The anesthesia is administered and tumescent solution is infiltrated in the entire area. Through the small stab incision given around the nipple areolar region ( periareolar incision ) .First with the VASER probe the tough fat and fibrous tissues is broken down by ultrasonic cavitation effect for proper contouring of the whole marked area of the chest, then the special liposuction cannula is moved back and forth in a controlled motion to loosen the excess fat, which is then removed from the body by high negative vacuum suction machine. Suction is stopped when aspiration shows no fat coming out from the desired area. The chest skin is assessed by diminution in contour and by the pinch test.
The excess glandular breast tissue is removed through the same site by enlarging the incision . Sometime the areola is reduced if excess in size and skin excision is done if excessive loose skin is present in higher grade of gynecomastia .Most of the time there won’t be any loosening of skin after the VASER liposuction has been done as most of the skin retraction occurs with vaser.
While most incision lines are concealed within natural contours, there will be fine small scar which fades over a period of time
- After surgery, a small dressing is done over the chest and pressure garment is applied to minimize swelling and support your new chest contour as it heals.
- You can take bath next day after the procedure and after that no dressing is applied.
- The sutures will be removed around 10 to 14 days.
- You will be prescribed 7 days course of antibiotics and analgesics after the procedure.
- You can resume normal activity once you are comfortable to do movements. Mostly 1 or 2 days rest is enough to recover.
- You can start exercise after 1 or 2 weeks once you are comfortable.
- Avoid driving for first 24 hrs and if possible accompany a person with you.
- The final results of breast reduction in men are long lasting.
- There will be very fine scar which is placed as such it won’t be visible much.
- All the scars improves over time and within 6 months they fade.
- You will start appreciating the change in shape after 10 days and within a month when most of the swelling subsides noticeable changes in the shape and reduction in size will be seen.
- Your improved upper body will likely enhance your self-image and confidence, whether you are wearing shirt or any clothes. The confidence a patient gains after surgery becomes a life-changing event.
Safety and risks of gynecomastia surgery
The procedure is completely safe and there are no chance of coming back again .The side effects after the gynecomastia procedure include
- Bruising at some part of the chest
- Pain and Discomfort
These are the main side effects of the procedure. These are temporary and will resolve within 7 to 10 days after the procedure.
To reduce these side effects you have to wear compression garments for first 2 months.