Chemical peels improves the skin's appearance. In this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which makes it "blister" and eventually peel off. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. Chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, or hands. They can be used to:
- 1.Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- 2.Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging Improve the appearance of mild scars
- 3.Treat certain types of acne
- 4.Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- 5. Improve the look and feel of skin.
After a chemical peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so wear sunscreen every day. It should say "broad-spectrum" on the label, meaning it protects against the sun's UVA and UVB rays. Also, it should be a physical sunscreen and be above SPF 30. Limit your time in the sun, especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., and wear a wide-brimmed hat.